Sunday 23 February 2014

First Time 3D Studio Max

Finally started learning 3DS Max and for me it was tough. It's like trying to mold clay using a pc. But I guess once I know a bit more on the tools that the software can offer I think I can make it work.
So, our first 3DS Max assignment we had to do on a miniature of a designer's chair. Mine was the Rover Chair by Ron Arad. When I had the chance I will upload the miniature chair, don't fret.


Couldn't get the curve parts right but for an amateur work I think it's okaayy, I guess. 
Composition is quite simple. The circles was supposed to be based on the tubular steel framing on both sides of the chair.
Planned to add shadows in 3DS Max but I failed miserably. So scratch the shadows. Maybe next time.
Background is still too white. And I totally forgot to add the dimensions. Hopefully the lecturer didn't notice that...

No comments:

Post a Comment