Sunday 11 May 2014

Printing Blue

Conceptual painting time! When I heard that the assignment was gonna be a painting, I was sacred as... whatever it is I'm scared of. Because I myself am not really good at painting. History has shown it time and time again. But this one was slightly different. I seriously had fun doing it. Conceptual painting. And it's in 3D! Nope, you don't need 3d glasses for this one.

Based on concept of blueprints

So, blueprints! The car in the middle I bought it at Daiso shop nearby and I dismantled it to paste it on the board. Actually I bought a few toys and dismantled it just so to give it more stuff to show. If you notice there is a firetruck's rescue ladder, a kangaroo bar, a police car siren and a spare tire. Note that the tires have two different sizes as they are from different toy cars.

Yeah so the blueprints design I got it from images from Wallace and Gromit and also Phineas and Ferb.
Some of the case study I used for this piece are :

I think this one is from Phineas and Ferb

This one is definitely Phineas and Ferb

Wallace and Gromit inventions

I was gonna go for something more cartoony like and not logic. Fun is another word. So all the words I wrote was totally nonsense. I think there's even a hakuna matata in there somewhere.
The background was painted with acrylic and the lettering all were done using correction liquid/liquid paper.
After I was done with it I thought that maybe it would be better if I had used a white colour pencil instead. Or just paint it with a brush. Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment