Saturday 27 September 2014

Experiencing Culture: The Journey Begins

Date: 11th September 2014.
Time: Wasn't really sure. But it's already morning.

Today's the day. My trip to Paris and London. Got out of bed and the sun is already up welcoming me to a new day.
"The flight's at 7.00 pm, it's still early," I thought to myself. What felt like a few minutes later. Woke up, I was back on my bed.
"What the...?"
Check the time.
"2.30! I'm screwed! I'm supposed to meet up with the rest at 3.30 pm. I haven't even pack my things yet. So what do I need for the trip..."

So the bag is all packed and I'm ready to go.
First stop, KLIA.
Finally at KLIA

At KLIA, my stomach was grumbling as I didn't get a chance to have my lunch. So I went to Burger King with a few of my classmates. Line up, order and pay up. Check the time, we need to get to the gate in like NOW. So off we go. Never a moment of rest. Reached the gate and there was a long line for boarding. Let me just sit down and finish my meal first. And I did, in that short moment waiting to board the flight.

Boarding pass, CHECK. Passport, Check

Our flight, Emirates Airlines

Board the flight and the first thing I look for once I sit is what movies and games do they have. Honestly, the movies selections are awesome but the games... not so much. But it's enough to last me for 5 hours until we reach Dubai for transit. Once we land in Dubai we didn't do much, just stroll around the airport taking pictures and eat. Again. But I did take a picture with Burj Khalifa.

Technically speaking that is the Burj Khalifa. Just not the real one.

After a few hours, it's that time again. Boarding the flight. And after finishing the movies Maleficent and Need For Speed plus a little game of 'shooting coloured balls to make a row' we finally landed in Charles de Gaulle Airport, Paris. 
My heart was racing. I'm gonna set foot in Paris. Excitement level over 9000!

I know we've landed but let me finish this round first.

The view of the airport as I'm exiting the plane.

Arriving at destination, Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment