Saturday 27 September 2014

Experiencing Culture: Paris

Arrived in Paris and the first stop is the Eiffel Tower. In order to get there we need to take a bus from the airport. The Orly Bus. Which I thought was short for "O Really" bus and I don't know why. Made myself sound stupid.

The "O Really" Bus.

And because I didn't sleep a wink on the plane so dozed off throughout the journey. Too bad... But then we had to get off the bus and take the Metro Train to a stop called Bir-Hakeim. The name just makes me laugh. Bir-Hakeim. And with our bags we walked a short distance and finally arrived at the infamous Eiffel Tower, the symbol of Paris.

Eiffel Tower

We managed to go up the tower until the second floor which is the middle part of the tower. And from there, the view was astonishing. It's as if you can see the whole of Paris from there. And the girls... Well, you get the drift.

Now I realised that it is freakin huge.

Peekaboo. At the second floor of the Eiffel Tower looking up.

Nice scenic background, CHECK. Cool Pose, CHECK.

Panoramic view from the Eiffel Tower

After a few tries, the elevator shaft of the tower.

The first try. Almost dropped my phone as I saw an oncoming elevator.

The giant lever pulling the elevator up and down the tower.

After the Eiffel Tower visit we went down and took group photos with the tower. Everyone got creative on taking the photo but due to some circumstances I couldn't get the photo that I've always wanted to try.

Class photo.

Honestly I dunno what I was going for here...

But I wanted to take this kind of photo. But it was kinda embarrassing doing it in front of everyone at that time. haha

This would have been an awesome profile pic.

To end the day we went to check-in to our hostel, freshen up and have a good nights sleep. Tomorrow's another day in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment